Porcelain veneers are high-quality restorations that are designed to be thin enough to fit into place over the visible surfaces of a patient’s teeth, effectively hiding years of dental flaws all at once behind a new, flawless appearance that can be shown off proudly. Veneers are a great choice for patients who want to make significant cosmetic changes to their smile on an accelerated timeframe, as the process only takes a couple of appointments. Better yet, they’re durable and resistant against staining!
While traditional veneers are an excellent cosmetic option, some patients shy away when they discover that a small amount of natural tooth structure will need to be removed to accommodate them, which makes the service essentially permanent. Lumineers are an alternative that provides similar, dazzling results while keeping any alterations at an absolute minimum, which means patients could return to their natural smile in the future if they choose to. During your initial appointment, our doctors can help you decide whether traditional porcelain veneers or Lumineers are the right choice for your personal goals!
Direct Cosmetic Tooth Bonding
If you have a minor dental flaw, such as a chip, small gap, or misshapen tooth structure, direct bonding is an effective and affordable solution that can create the improvements you need fast. The procedure is simple – one of our doctors will carefully apply the tooth-colored composite resin material and contour it into a lifelike and aesthetically pleasing addition that blends right in with your natural enamel. This process should only take a single appointment in most cases, and the improvements can last for several years.
With teeth whitening, patients can finally get rid of frustrating dental stains and discoloration that have left their smile looking lackluster! For busy schedules, in-office whitening is a fast procedure that only takes one appointment and can dramatically brighten your enamel by several shades. If you’d prefer more gradual improvements, our doctors can also provide customized take-home kits that are flexible and effective over the course of a few weeks.
Virtual Smile Design
Making a commitment to transform your smile with cosmetic dentistry can be nerve-wracking – what if the results don’t turn out like you had in mind? Thankfully, our team can give you a glimpse into the future with the help of our virtual smile design technology. All we’ll need is a photograph of you that shows off your teeth; our doctors can digitally manipulate the image to reveal the appearance of certain treatment options, whether you’re interested in porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, or direct bonding. We want you to feel fully confident when pursuing a smile makeover plan at Dental Center of Jacksonville!
Understanding the Cost of Cosmetic Dentistry
Before committing to cosmetic dentistry, it’s natural to wonder about the cost. However, you may find that pinpointing an exact price is difficult. That’s because every treatment is 100% customized to that patient’s dental needs and smile goals. Don’t worry – that doesn’t mean you have to be left in the dark about the cost of cosmetic dentistry in Jacksonville. Read on to learn a few important factors!
What Cosmetic Dental Service is Right For Me?
Thanks to advancements in dentistry, there is a wide range of treatments available. Of course, there are pros to each, which is why our cosmetic dentist in Jacksonville will review them in-depth during your initial consultation. In the meantime, you can learn a little more about the price of some of the most common smile-transforming solutions right here:
- Direct Bonding – Not only is direct bonding one of the most cost-effective treatments upfront, but it also can address various imperfections, like slightly chipped and discolored teeth. It is worth noting, however, that the results only last for several years at a time. So, you need to factor in the cost of additional treatments throughout the years.
- Teeth Whitening – In regard to the cost, teeth whitening is mid-range. However, there are several important benefits to consider, including the fact that one professional treatment can lighten your teeth by up to eight shades! Naturally, the shape and position of your teeth will remain unchanged, requiring additional treatments if desired.
- Veneers – Although veneers require the biggest upfront investment, they may end up being the most cost-effective solution in the long run. Not only do they address several imperfections simultaneously – from small chips to permanent discoloration – but they can also last for 20+ years with proper care.
Cosmetic Dentistry Can Be An Investment Worth Making
All too often, patients waver on whether or not they should commit to cosmetic dentistry because of the price. After all, these treatments typically aren’t covered by dental insurance. It is important to remember, however, your smile is worth the investment. Correcting dental flaws will not only boost your confidence, but it can also improve your oral health. The consequences of each can positively affect both your personal and professional life. So, don’t think of cosmetic dentistry as an investment in your smile. Think of it as an investment in YOU!
How to Make Cosmetic Dentistry Affordable
As mentioned above, cosmetic dentistry typically isn’t covered by dental insurance providers. Luckily, there are several other ways you can lower your out-of-pocket expenses with our team at the Dental Center of Jacksonville! Here are a few:
- Join our in-house membership plan – This financial solution doesn’t just give you access to affordable preventive care, it also includes features that benefit your aesthetic goals, like $100 teeth whitening!
- Ask about CareCredit – If you’d prefer to space out your payments, then ask about CareCredit! This trusted third-party financier prevents you from having to pay for your treatment in one lump sum. Even better, there is often little-to-NO interest attached.
Now you know a little bit more about the cost of cosmetic dentistry in Jacksonville. If you’d like a specific price estimate, then we encourage you to schedule a consultation with our team. We look forward to making your dream smile a reality!