Our team works to make receiving the dental care you and your family need easier than ever. Dr. Jignesh Patel works late hours, is available on the weekends, and accepts your Cigna dental insurance. Keep reading to learn more about how to make the most out of your insurance plan from the Cigna dentist in Jacksonville.
Dental Insurance: The Basics
Dental insurance is a wonderful benefit that makes it easier for you to afford the regular preventive and restorative dentistry services you need to enjoy a healthy, long-lasting smile. To understand how your dental insurance plan works, think of it as a membership club that provides discounts on the services you already use.
As a crucial aspect of overall oral health, most plans completely cover two checkups and cleanings per year. If problems like tooth decay or infection pop up during the regular exam, necessary restorative treatments are fully or partially covered to return your smile back to its good health.
Making the Most Of Your Cigna Plan
Whether you are covered individually or through your employer, someone pays a considerable amount for your dental insurance coverage. Ensure you receive full benefits by taking a few steps to make the most out of the investment in your oral health.
- Find out what you are covered for. Contact your employer’s human resources department, Cigna, or the knowledgeable staff at the Dental Center of Jacksonville to learn about the specifics of your coverage. Some questions you may have regarding your plan include…
- Who is covered under my plan?
- What services are fully covered? What about partial coverage?
- Do I have a deductible?
- What’s my annual maximum (the amount your insurance must pay for coverage)?
- Schedule two checkups and cleanings per year. Remember that your dental insurance should completely cover your preventive dental care, including regular appointments, an annual set of x-rays, and possibly a fluoride treatment, too. Find out what is completely covered and then make sure you take advantage of your benefits by scheduling an appointment at the Dental Center of Jacksonville.
Maintain Excellent Dental Hygiene
Dental insurance coverage is a wonderful benefit when you need it, but remember that our goal is to avoid the need for restorative treatments altogether. By attending regular checkups and cleanings and maintaining good dental hygiene throughout the rest of the year, we can help you enjoy a happy, healthy smile for a long time to come. Make sure you are brushing your teeth for two minutes, twice a day, using dental floss, maintaining a balanced, nutritious diet, and avoiding tobacco for better oral health.
Patients who grind their teeth at night or those who play contact sports should consider investing in a custom-fitted mouthguard for additional smile protection.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
Don’t wait to take advantage of your Cigna dental insurance plan. Visit the dentist who accepts your benefits — we’re at the Dental Center of Jacksonville! Our knowledgeable staff will help you understand the ins and outs of your plan, and then process, file, and follow-up on your claim so you don’t have to. Book an Appointment today!